Diary of a Worm, a Spider and a Fly
About The Show
GA Tickets: $10 (everyone who enters the theater needs a ticket, even those children who will occupy your lap.)
The Tobin Center is proud to offer sensory-friendly performances of some of our productions. These are designed to create performing arts experiences that are welcoming to all families and friends with children and adults who are diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or sensory sensitivities. While the integrity of the performances remains the same, certain elements are modified to create an inclusive audience experience. These accommodations include:
- Productions lasting approximately one hour, set to accommodate the sensory challenges of the audience;
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds;
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience;
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance;
- Designated quiet areas within the theater;
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement;
- Limited crowds and visitors at The Tobin Center during the day and timing of the performance;
- Tobin staff and volunteers trained to be inviting and accommodating to families' needs.
To download a sensory-friendly map of The Tobin Center, please click here.
This presentation is part of the Tobin Center's Generation NEXT Education Initiative
Diary of a Worm, a Spider, & a Fly comes to the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts on Monday, January 14, 2019. Dallas Children's Theater captures all of the whimsy of the wildly popular books in the coolest ever rock-and-roll-romp in a bug's world! A Tobin Family Fun event perfect for families of all ages!
About Diary of a Worm, a Spider and a Fly
Based on the books by Doreen Cronin and illustrated by Harry Bliss, Diary of a Worm, a Spider, and a Fly, follows the story of unlikely best friends Worm, Spider and Fly. Worm eats his homework, Fly believes she has superpowers and Spider can't wait to grow up and molt.
Promoting eco-consciousness, earth science and tolerance of others, Diary of a Worm, a Spider, and a Fly is a joyful, hip exploration of the world outside. The opening number, a rap entitled "A Lot Like You," immediately connects our lives with the little creatures from our own backyards. You might just find that a bug's life is not all that different from your own.
Title 1 School and Non-Profit Benefits!
- Is your school a Title 1? Is your organization a Non-Profit?
- If so, your group qualifies for complimentary tickets.
Please click here to apply.