An Evening with C.S. Lewis
About The Show
An Evening with C.S. Lewis – the year is 1963 and C.S. Lewis, the famous British author, is hosting a group of American writers at his home near Oxford. They are about to experience a captivating evening with a man whose engaging conversation and spontaneous humor made him one of the great raconteurs of his day.
Seated in his living room and in front of a warm fire he recalls the people and events that inspired his thought and shaped his life; of his friendship with J.R.R. Tolkien; why he nearly abandoned the Narnia Chronicles; how he came to embrace Christianity and of the American woman who turned his life upside down.
Described by critics as ‘Extraordinary!’ ‘A Must See!’ ‘A Master Class!’, An Evening with C.S. Lewis has proved again and again to be an enthralling theatrical experience and one which has led many thousands to discover (or rediscover) the continuing impact of a man who died over 50 years ago and whose collected works made him one of the literary giants of the 20th Century.
Due to social distancing needs and guidelines, the performances of An Evening with C.S. Lewis are being rescheduled into the larger H-E-B Performance Hall at The Tobin Center on Friday, September 18th at 8 PM and Sunday, September 20th at 2 PM. David Payne will not be playing the role of C.S. Lewis for these performances.
If you are a ticket holder, you will receive an email with the newly assigned and rescheduled tickets.
If you cannot make the new performance date, you may request to be switched to the Sunday, September 20th matinee performance at 2 PM, request a full refund or request the ticket value be placed in a gift account for future purchases of Tobin Center sponsored events by contacting the box office at [email protected]. Requests for refunds or change of date must be received by August 15th. Refunds will not be available aftetr this deadline date.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE NEW DATE OF YOUR PERFORMANCE. CONTACT THE BOX OFFICE AT 210-223-8624 WITH QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, OR CHANGES TO YOUR TICKET DATES.
Health and safety protocols:
- All attendees will be temperature screened before entry. Patrons with elevated temperatures will not be allowed to enter.
- All attendees must wear a mask for entrance and anytime they are away from their seats or designated areas. (Masks will be provided to those without).
- No outside food or drinks
- No large purses, backpacks or bags
- Touch free payments and ticket scanning
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces and use of electrostatic disinfectant devices
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer locations are available throughout the venue.
- Plexi guards in place for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Seating in the H-E-B Performance Hall will be every other row with two seats empty between parties for adequate social distancing.
- Floor markers for social distancing will be in place at all queuing locations- Parking garage elevator lobbies, Tobin elevator lobbies, concessions, patron services, merchandise locations, restrooms, and box office.
- Social distance spacing will be maintained on the Will Naylor Smith River Walk Plaza and the Carlos Alvarez Studio Theater.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will be temperature screened before entering the theater and will not be allowed to enter if elevated
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times.