An Evening with Elizabeth Gilbert
About The Show
An Evening with Elizabeth Gilbert, originally scheduled for April 29th, and later rescheduled for July 12th and again for October 24th, has unfortunately now been canceled.
As a current ticketholder to this event, you have several options:
1. Donate the purchased ticket(s) price to GenerationNEXT, the Tobin's educational initiative that brings arts to people of all ages in the San Antonio community.
2. Request the purchased ticket(s) price be placed in a gift voucher, to be used for future shows at The Tobin Center.
3. Do nothing and receive an automatic refund of your purchase on Friday, August 28th.
If you will be donating your ticket cost or placing your ticket cost on a voucher please contact the Box Office at [email protected] by Thursday, August 27th, to complete your request. All ticket holders who have not contacted the box office by that date will receive an automatic refund to the original method of purchase on Friday, August 28th.
We thank you for your understanding, patience, and patronage. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Tickets: $29.50, $44.50, and $59.50
VIP Meet/Greet ticket: $100
Spend an afternoon with bestselling author Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love.
Elizabeth Gilbert’s memoir Eat Pray Love has been called “a generation’s instruction manual” (The Toronto Sun). Exploding onto the scene in 2006, the bestseller famously chronicled the year Gilbert spent traveling the world after a shattering divorce. Translated into more than 30 languages, Eat Pray Love has sold over thirteen million copies worldwide. The book, “fueled by a mix of intelligence, wit, and colloquial exuberance that is close to irresistible” (The New York Times Book Review), catapulted its author from respected but little-recognized writer to a woman Oprah Winfrey has called a “rock star author.”
Health and safety protocols:
- All attendees will be temperature screened before entry. Patrons with elevated temperatures will not be allowed to enter.
- All attendees must wear a mask for entrance and anytime they are away from their seats or designated areas. (Masks will be provided to those without).
- No outside food or drinks
- No large purses, backpacks or bags
- Touch free payments and ticket scanning
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces and use of electrostatic disinfectant devices
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer locations are available throughout the venue.
- Plexi guards in place for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Seating in the H-E-B Performance Hall will be every other row with two seats empty between parties for adequate social distancing.
- Floor markers for social distancing will be in place at all cueing locations- Parking garage elevator lobbies, Tobin elevator lobbies, concessions, patron services, merchandise locations, restrooms, and box office.
- Social distance spacing will be maintained on the Will Naylor Smith River Walk Plaza and the Carlos Alvarez Studio Theater.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will be temperature screened before entering the theater and will not be allowed to enter if elevated
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times.
To stay in the loop regarding this show, please follow our event page on Facebook.