About The Show
The iconic ballet of Swan Lake is brought to life by the award-winning, Artistic Director and Founder of The Children’s Ballet of San Antonio, Vanessa Bessler. With nationally and internationally acclaimed dancers ranging in age from 3 to 21, viewers can see the future of ballet spinning into shape right before their very eyes.
Known as one of the most beautiful ballets to perform and Tchaikovsky’s largest and most acclaimed masterpiece, Swan Lake tells the love story of Prince Siegfried and Odette, a beautiful swan princess. The fairytale comes to life with a full-length production featuring dazzling costumes custom made in Moscow, integrated multimedia scenery, award-winning dancers, and a talented array of young performers from various disciplines. From pirouettes to arabesques, you will see it all in The Children’s Ballet of San Antonio’s Swan Lake!
Since its inception just six years ago, The Children’s Ballet of San Antonio has quickly raised the “barre” on the art scene in San Antonio by garnering an impressive and extensive number of “firsts'' for the city from the most prestigious ballet competitions in the world such as The Prix De Lausanne, The Youth American Grand Prix, The USA International Ballet Competition, Celebrity Dance Competition, and The American Dance Competition-International Ballet Competition. Furthermore, dancers are accepted and awarded scholarships to such prestigious schools as the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in Russia, the Royal Ballet School in England, the Dutch National Ballet Academy in Amsterdam, Princess Grace Academy in Monaco, the Ballet School of the Opera National de Paris, the American Ballet Theatre and the School of American Ballet both in New York, and more.
Ballet and performing arts lovers, parents, grandparents and children of all ages won’t want to miss this breathtaking performance by some of San Antonio’s most prestigious rising artists.
The young dancers will be accompanied by critically acclaimed Hungarian-born principal dancer and guest artist Mate Szentes who joined the Hungarian National Ballet at the age of 18. He spent three years as a company artist around the world before joining the Richmond Ballet, where he performed many principal roles. Known for his "bold attacks" and "glittering technique" by art critics, Szentes often receives invitations to perform worldwide to include the Vienna International Dance Festival, and a guest artist invitation to perform in Yokohama and Kofu Japan. He was also invited to participate in the fierce Varna International Ballet Competition in Varna, Bulgaria. Szentes has worked with world-renowned choreographers such as Ma Cong, Val Caniparoli, Mariana Oliveira, Melissa Barak, Katarzyna Skarpetowska, Annabelle Lopez-Ochoa, among many others. He is also a permanent guest principal dancer with American Contemporary Ballet and Raiford Rogers Modern Ballet and has participated in the very prestigious National Choreographers Initiative in 2016 and 2018. Since 2016 he has been choreographing with original works showcased in Richmond, San Diego and New Mexico.
You will purchase tickets in the section that you would like. Seats will be assigned in our socially distanced configuration and you will receive your actual seat assignments via email. Seating is arranged in order of when tickets are purchased... first come first served.
Health and Safety Protocols:
- All attendees will be temperature screened before entry. Patrons with elevated temperatures will not be allowed to enter.
- All attendees must wear a mask for entrance and anytime they are away from their seats or designated areas. (Masks will be provided to those without).
- No outside food or drinks
- No large purses, backpacks or bags
- Touch-free payments and ticket scanning
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces and use of electrostatic disinfectant devices
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer locations are available throughout the venue.
- Plexi guards in place for concessions, patron services and box office.
- Seating in the H-E-B Performance Hall will be every other row with two seats empty between parties for adequate social distancing.
- Floor markers for social distancing will be in place at all queuing locations- Parking garage elevator lobbies, Tobin elevator lobbies, concessions, patron services, merchandise locations, restrooms, and box office.
- Social distance spacing will be maintained on the Will Naylor Smith River Walk Plaza and the Carlos Alvarez Studio Theater.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will be temperature screened before entering the theater and will not be allowed to enter if elevated
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times.