About The Show
Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias has announced that he must cancel the remainder of his shows at the Tobin Center because he tested positive for COVID-19.
An automatic refund to all ticketholders will occur within the next 24 hours. For ticket holders who have paid by credit card, please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to post to your account. For ticket holders who have paid by check or cash, checks will be mailed within 3-4 weeks. There is no further action necessary for ticketholders. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the box office via email at [email protected].
The Tobin Center would like to reassure its patrons that Mr. Iglesias has not been in the building since testing positive for COVID-19. Our strict COVID-19 safety and cleaning protocols have been in place during his entire run and will remain in place to protect our staff, our volunteers, and our audience members – this safety always has and will continue to be our primary objective. For a full list of Covid safety protocols, click here.
Iglesias is one of a handful of comedians with the distinct honor to headline and sell out the Staples Center, Madison Square Garden, and the Sydney Opera House. In addition to being one of America’s most successful stand-up comedians, Iglesias is also one of the most-watched comedians on YouTube, with over half a billion views and over 24 million fans across social media. He was recently featured in The Hollywood Reporter’s Top 40 Comedy Players alongside comedy giants Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, and Lorne Michaels.
“I’m out of toilet paper and fully vaccinated, time to hit the road,” Iglesias says regarding the tour.
Iglesias is the star and Executive Producer of the Netflix multi-cam comedy series Mr. Iglesias. Iglesias plays a good-natured public high school teacher who works at his alma mater. He takes on teaching gifted but misfit kids to save them from being “counseled out” by a bully bureaucrat Assistant Principal and help them unlock their full potential. Mr. Iglesias Part 1-3 is currently streaming.
The actor/comedian also hosts Nickelodeon’s new comedic competition show, Unleashed (10 episodes). The series brings the most impressive animal acts together to compete on-stage in front of a kid jury and celebrity judges Peyton List, Preacher Lawson, and Utkarsh Ambudkar for the title of “Most Entertaining Pet” of the night.
In addition to the TV series, Iglesias’s most recent comedy special is streaming worldwide on Netflix. The special, One Show Fits All, was filmed in front of a sold-out audience at the Toyota Center in Houston. His third special for the network will tape sometime in 2021. Both of these specials are follow-ups to his highly successful 2017 Netflix special, I’m Sorry For What I Said When I Was Hungry.
Iglesias’ prior television appearances include Comedy Central’s hit series Stand-Up Revolution and the comedy special Gabriel Iglesias: Aloha Fluffy, an unprecedented two-night comedy special generating over 15 million viewers. The special was a follow-up to his previous DVD specials, Hot & Fluffy and I’m Not Fat...I’m Fluffy, which have sold millions of copies.
In the feature film arena, Iglesias starred in STXfilm’s animated feature Ugly Dolls. His other film credits include A Haunted House 2, Show Dogs, Magic Mike, Magic Mike XXL , and the animated films Coco, Ferdinand, The Star, Smurfs: The Lost Village, Norm of the North, The Book of Life, The Nut Job and Disney’s Planes. In 2021, he will be voicing Speedy Gonzales' character in the highly anticipated film Space Jam: A New Legacy in theater and streaming on HBO MAX on July 16. Gabriel also starred in the theatrical stand-up concert comedy film, The Fluffy Movie.
You will purchase tickets in the section that you would like. Seats will be assigned in our socially distanced configuration, and you will receive your actual seat assignments via email. Seating is arranged in order of when tickets are purchased... first come, first served.
Health and Safety Protocols:
- All attendees will be temperature screened before entry. Patrons with elevated temperatures will not be allowed to enter.
- All attendees must wear a mask for entrance, and anytime they are away from their seats or designated areas. (Masks will be provided to those without).
- No outside food or drinks
- No large purses, backpacks, or bags
- Touch-free payments and ticket scanning
- Restroom and elevator occupancy limited and monitored at all times
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces and use of electrostatic disinfectant devices
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer locations are available throughout the venue.
- Plexi guards in place for concessions, patron services, and box office.
- Seating in the H-E-B Performance Hall will be every other row with two seats empty between parties for adequate social distancing.
- Floor markers for social distancing will be in place at all queuing locations- Parking garage elevator lobbies, Tobin elevator lobbies, concessions, patron services, merchandise locations, restrooms, and box office.
- Social distance spacing will be maintained on the Will Naylor Smith River Walk Plaza and the Carlos Alvarez Studio Theater.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will be temperature screened before entering the theater and will not be allowed to enter if elevated.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times.
Invite your friends and stay in the loop regarding this show. Follow our event page on Facebook.