The Music of Simon and Garfunkel
About The Show
GA Tickets: $29.50
Assigned Table Seating: $39.50
Swearingen & Kelli recreate the music, memories and magic of the most famous folk-rock duo of our time, Simon and Garfunkel.
AJ Swearingen has been performing this music for twenty years with mastery of Paul Simon's intricate guitar playing. His deep baritone blends perfectly against Kelli's angelic vocals delivering a true tribute to the sound of the 1960's Greenwich Village, NY coffeehouse performances.
The duo is on a mission to share this iconic music to new audiences around the country. Both artists were inspired by the great singer-songwriters of the past like Paul Simon, James Taylor, Carole King, Jim Croce and The Eagles among others. The duo has also been performing and writing music together since 2010, debuting their first self-titled album in 2013. Folk icon Tom Rush recorded and released their song, "You're Not Here With Me" on his last studio release.
Songs from the show include:
59TH STREET BRIDGE SONG
BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
HAZY SHADE OF WINTER
SOUNDS OF SILENCE
I AM A ROCK
THE DANGLING CONVERSATION
ONLY LIVING BOY IN NEW YORK
AT THE ZOO
ON THE UNDERGROUD WALL
WE GOT A GROOVY THING
New York Post- "Two voices in perfect harmony balanced against one acoustic guitar delivering a true tribute to the 60's sound of Greenwich Village."
The Buffalo News- "Swearingen is a fine acoustic guitarist who beautifully articulates the haunting, singsong accompaniment to "Scarborough Fair".
Broadway World- "One of the most talented duos of today playing the music of the "most famous" duo of yesterday!"
Capitol Gazzette- "Kelli finds her way to heavenly highs of Garfunkel's soaring and effortless soprano delivery while Swearingen displays his dexterity with Simon's well-ensconced guitar riffs."
Health and Safety Protocols:
- All attendees must wear a mask for entrance and anytime they are away from their seats or not socially distanced. (Masks will be provided to those without).
- Resident companies and private events may choose to require masks at all times, please check with presenter before each show.
- No outside food or drinks.
- No backpacks, or large bags.
- Touch-free payments and ticket scanning are available.
- Frequent cleaning on touch surfaces and use of electrostatic disinfectant devices.
- Multiple touchless hand sanitizer locations are available throughout the venue.
- Plexi guards in place for concessions, patron services, and box office.
- Tobin Center staff and volunteers will wear face masks at all times.