The Tobin Center has transformed the performing arts in San Antonio by delivering a world-class venue with world-class performances for everyone. The Tobin strives to excite all ages, cultures, lifestyles, and income levels with performances by a wide variety of artists, events, and performers.
The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts’ mission is to provide a world-class venue that promotes a diverse range of cultural, educational and artistic experiences that improve the quality of life in San Antonio.
The Tobin Center is a new facility that incorporates the front façade of the historic San Antonio Municipal Auditorium. Construction began in the summer of 2011 and was completed September 4, 2014.
The facility is comprised of three venues:
- The H-E-B Performance Hall - A flexible 1,751 reserved seat or 2,100 general admission capacity performance space with hall acoustics adjustable for both acoustic and amplified music presentations. The main floor is convertible from traditional theatrical seating to a flat floor, capable of seating 600 or more for a banquet or cabaret style concert seating.
- The Carlos Alvarez Studio Theater- A 259-seat black box studio theater with numerous flexible seating arrangements (ranging from 259 to 300 – depending on the number of additional rows added in front of the stage).
- The Will Naylor Smith River Walk Plaza - An exterior venue along the San Antonio’s famous River Walk. This space is utilized for concerts, cinema nights, fitness events, film festivals, and receptions.
Current Career Opportunities
- Please note that a completed employment application is mandatory. A resume may be included, but it is optional. Download the employment application HERE.
- Development Writer
- Patron Service Manager
- Box Office Customer Service Representative - Part-Time
- Facility Operations Manager - Full-Time
- Operations Coordinator - Full-Time
Please send employment applications to The Tobin Center offices at:
115 Auditorium Circle
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Attn: LuAnn Stidham
Or email to:
Current Teaching Opportunities
The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts is seeking instructors for SAISD contracted music and dance teacher positions across the District. Please click the link below for additional information.
Orchestra, Band, Mariachi, Dance, Choral, and Conjunto positions are available. Thank you.